Enterprise Architect / Trusted Technical Advisor
PO Box 317
Spring Valley , Ohio 45370
firstname.lastname@example.org -- 937.815.6014
Mr. Craig Treisch possesses more than twenty-five years of experience leading large-scale information technology initiatives. He is a technology thought leader in the areas of enterprise architecture, mobile software systems, big data initiatives, and scalable infrastructures. Mr. Treisch has led many large technical teams who have implemented complex business solutions, many projects running simultaneously. During his extensive career, he has functioned as an enterprise mobile architect and developer, EDW technical lead, chief engineer, migration team lead, software solution architect, IV&V technical lead, and technical product manager. Mr Treisch has significant experience leading onshore and offshore technical teams, including requirements gathering, architecture, infrastructure, system analysis, design, development, testing, and software deployment. He has a strong background in mobile solutions, object-oriented languages, enterprise databases, and web services on a variety of large platforms. Mr. Treisch has held several leadership roles on large industry, state, and federal projects. He has excellent analytical and communication skills that bridge the gap between business, project management, and technical teams. He also enjoys mentoring team members to produce proven results and efficiencies. Most importantly, Mr. Treisch is a Trusted Advisor with a core engineering background who understands the value of customer relationships. He possesses a positive can do attitude that is demonstrated in all aspects of any position he holds.
Health Care, Banking and Insurance, Manufacturing, Telephony, Retail, Information Management, Data Warehousing, Automotive, Realty, Defense, R&D, Government, Insurance, Science, Education
Platforms / Frameworks / Libraries
IONIC, iOS, OS X, AngularJS, Mobile Angular IU, jQuery Mobile, PhoneGap / Cordova, Xamarin, .NET MVC, Java MVC, AJAX, Node.js, V8, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Struts, SOA / REST, ASP.NET MVC, ADO.NET, Palm OS, Documentum, Cold Fusion, Alfresco, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, Servicemix, IIS, WebLogic, SharePoint, X.Commerce, GWT, WESB, DotNetNuke, Maven, GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins CI, Cucumber, Capybara / Selenium, Dojo Objective Harness
Development IDEs / Design / Modeling
Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Enterprise Architect, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite (STS), Visual Age for Java, SQL Development Studio, Install Shield, Purify, Quantify, Rational Rose, JMeter, Navicat, Brackets
Databases / Storage
AWS, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, AS400, MySQL, Mongo DB, Access
Operating Systems / Infrastructure
MS Windows Client / Server, MacOS, VMware, UNIX, Linux, iOS, Android, Cloud, MS-DOS, UNIX, MVS, VAX/VMS
Project Management / Technical Requirements
Agile / SCRUM, SDLC, Jira, Confluence UML, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
Enterprise Architect, Senior Software Developer, Fusion Alliance / SmartFinder 03/2013 – Present
· Mobile Solution Architect, US Secret Service (Mobile / Integration). Lead the mobile and server software development teams to produce a mobile navigational application for the US Secret Service. Applications developed on native iOS via Objective-C / Swift on the client side, Node.js, MongoDB on the server side (AWS) and RESTful web services to communicate between client and server and Google APIs. Presented technical roadmap for porting solution to native Android, including potential mobile hybrid alternatives. Additional details of this project are classified.
· EDW Solution Architect / Lead, Garretson Resolution Group (Enterprise Data Warehouse). Lead a team of EDW Architects, SMEs, Developers, and Business Analysts to produce a Technical Architecture, High Level Operation Data Store / Enterprise Staging Area Designs, ETL Design, Detailed Data Models, System Application Approach, and overall EDW roadmap. Deliverables were in the context of the next state and long-term future state of the GRG technical enterprise. Identified and CDEs, ETL mappings, current data integration and system approach, and integration external portals for clients as well as claimants.
· Technical Lead, TriHealth (Mobile). Designed the solution and approach for a mobile application to assist doctors with coding information related to medical diagnoses and procedures. Leveraged hybrid mobile technology to provide a solution that can be deployed to iOS and Android natively as well as supporting a web front end. Utilized restful web services to communicate between mobile clients to the back end written in C#. Designed a hospital navigational solution and approach using iBeacon technology. Worked with TriHealth as an SME to integrate a mobile strategy into their existing IT strategy.
· Mobile Solution Architect / Lead, Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions (Mobile Strategy). Created a corporate wide mobile strategy and approach for CBTS. Presented and trained CBTS staff on mobile best practices related to mobile technology, mobile frameworks, staffing, and training needed to implement internal mobile applications. Focused on methods of integrating mobile technology into the existing IT infrastructure and applications. Designed and implemented a SharePoint / .NET based system for CBTS to manage business requirements and IT vendors.
· Technical Lead, Fidelity Investments (Exact Target). Lead the technical team tasked to integrate Fidelity with Exact Target. Worked to create a minimal viable product (MVP) designed as a proof of concept to create an overall roadmap to use Exact Target for all customer digital notifications. Designed and implemented a Java based application leveraging Exact Target APIs. Worked with Fidelity architects and SMEs to design and integrate print functionality into the overall solution via a well-defined workflow.
· Technical Lead, Tom Gill Chevrolet (Mobile). Lead the mobile and user experience teams to design and implement an iOS based prototype for a mobile application called RideVibe. Worked with ADP and Reynolds and Reynolds to integrate RideVibe into their Dealer Management Systems (DMS) for automotive service scheduling. Created a roadmap for full implementation of the mobile solution in native iOS and Android.
· Technical Lead, First Financial Bank (Life Lock). Designed the software solution and secure API approach to integrate First Financial Bank legacy systems into Life Lock technology for customer protection. Presented solution to executive management and obtained approval to move forward with the overall initiative.
· Technical Lead, Ameritas (Big Data). Lead a project team consisting of data warehousing SMEs to complete an assessment of internal overlapping Ameritas big data systems. Created a data stewardship evaluation and future project roadmap based on best practices for data governance, data architecture, data access development, data quality improvement, data context, and reporting / analytics.
· Application Solution Architect, National Church Residences (Infrastructure). Led a project team of data center SMEs and application specialists to provide an overall IT assessment of the current infrastructure, networking, and application readiness. The goal was to port the IT and help desk function to a new vendor. Created an RFP, managed distribution, responses, and evaluation matrix to make recommendations to NCR about which vendor to move to. Became trusted advisor to NCR senior IT management for future technical initiatives.
Technical Consulting Lead, Advisory Services, Sogeti / SmartFinder 02/2011 – 12/2014
· Technical Solution Architect, Bob Evans Corporate IT. Lead the design and implementation of the Bob Evans loyalty rewards system using VB.NET / C#. Integrated the solution into legacy C++ Point of Sale (POS) system and the Paytronix loyalty rewards settlement engine via RESTful web services. Designed mechanism for store and forward of loyalty reward points for reliability and accuracy upon system failure. Part of the core leadership team charged with the technology refresh and modernization of the Bob Evans legacy POS and online ordering / takeout systems.
· Warehousing Solution Architect / Development Lead, Abercrombie and Fitch. Technical lead assigned to design and upgrade the A&F warehousing and ordering system with new and improved integration points. Wrote dozens of web services to expose, consume, and integrate with key areas of the ordering and warehousing systems. Provided functional test cases to the QA team and wrote a robust, java based, test harness for regression testing as well as testing new functional requirements. Provided roadmap for scaling the warehousing infrastructure to the next level and provided business continuity, disaster recovery, and failover guidance.
· Online Account Opening Java SME / Lead, Huntington National Bank. Assigned as a lead Java subject matter expert to enhance and integrated Huntington’s Online Account Opening (OAO) system to support local branches and online users. Using an Agile methodology, providing estimation of user stories and sprint backlog analysis. Developing and testing components, which integrate to Huntington backend systems via MQ and WESB. Working on WebLogic Orchestration layer to process dynamically created account disclosures based on bank location and type of account. Providing ongoing integration with Retail Online (ROL), and ESS (Legacy) Huntington systems as well as laying the foundation for future planned iPad based functionality.
· Java ESB Architect, Corporate One Federal Credit Union. Lead the technical development of a Java / Servicemix CXF application to replace a legacy Wire transaction processing system with a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) approach. This approach integrates Corporate One internal systems with Bankserv’s GFX application. Conducted requirements gathering and analysis that led to the SOA WSDL specification between Corporate One and GFX. Created a technical design which introduced SOA paradigm to Corporate One for the first time. Developed and tested the new Java based Wires application. Created a Servicemix CXF Primer documentation to serve as future CXF training for Corporate One. Conducted training for the Corporate One technical staff.
· Java Architect, Onshore / Offshore Project Lead, McGraw Hill. Java Technical lead for the offshore and onshore technical teams assigned to produce technical design and working Proof of Concept (POC) for the McGraw Hill student / teacher Network Interactive Worksheets project. The project scope included a technical design and functioning POC for creating, adding rich text sections of a student worksheet. At the conclusion of the project, recommendations were presented to McGraw Hill for full implementation of Network Interactive Worksheets and approaches for integration into McGraw Hill’s content management system (CMS).
Software Solution Architect, SmartFinder 02/2010 – 01/2011
· IV&V Software Architect, ODJFS. Technical lead for the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Team for the Ohio Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC) project. Using industry standards, directed the technical software and infrastructure reviews of a five million line Java / WebSphere based application written by multiple State vendors. Examined disaster recovery, performance and capacity, infrastructure, and operations requirements to support growth of the ERIC system over the next four years. Provided IV&V findings and recommendations directly to the ODJFS Director’s office.
· Java Software Architect, Simpliance Systems. Java Architect charged with the enhancement and modernization of the Simpliance decision tree document management system. Wrote and improved upon Java code using a proprietary XML creation method, a Struts based processing technique, and custom document generation. Provided direction on infrastructure requirements, data center provisioning, and deployment strategies.
Staff Consultant, Systems Evolution 06/2009 – 02/2010
Principal Consultant / Platform Product Manager, Crown Partners 10/2007 – 06/2009
· Principal Consultant, EMC Documentum. Technical lead for large Documentum deployments including projects for EMC, Invacare, Boston Capital, and Verizon. Designed Documentum applications, wrote Java APIs, implemented WDK customizations, and conducted performance analysis. Technical lead on many sales engagements and proposals.
· Platform Product Manager. Product Lead for the Crown Platform product line. Responsible for all aspects of product development including product vision, roadmaps, requirement definition, production orders, project management, and leading all technical aspects of the software development teams. Worked with Sales, Marketing, and Product Support to ensure successful product launch and customer acceptance. Managed the Buldoser migration product line, Lotus Notes Connector, Recycle Bin, and Consistency Checker. Designed the component based architecture for the next generation of Buldoser which initially supports the eRoom to Documentum CenterStage migration path.
Chief Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) 05/2005 – 10/2007
· EDC Migration Team Technical Lead, Team HP. Assigned to lead the server and application migration portion of the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Enterprise Data Center (EDC) consolidation effort for SAIC / Team HP. Provides technical direction to UNIX and Windows System Administrators at multiple DLA field activities as well as two enterprise data centers. Developed standard operating procedures for image / restore, stand-up, and forklift server migration processes. Successfully completed migration of over one thousand servers from disparate hardware platforms to modern hardware configurations. Localized servers and associated software applications to improve efficiency, reduce vulnerabilities, and set the foundation for effective DLA IT management.
Software Solution Architect, Peerless Technologies Corp. 11/2001 – 04/2005
· Site Consultant, Software Engineer 4, General Dynamics. Assigned to multiple strategic roles within the Measurement and Signatures Intelligence (MASINT) program in support of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). Defined scalable data architecture for CASE Executive Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) integration into the Common Spectral MASINT Exploitation Capability (COSMEC) workbench. Developed multiple Spaced Based Infrared Systems (SBIRS) applications including Visual Basic, VB.NET and C# which connected to an Oracle 9i database. Developed and maintained UNIX based C++ and PERL data loaders. Defined release procedures and designed InstallShield packages for production software distribution. Supported C++ to Java JNI integration for processing NTIF files and documented the process in UML Sequence Diagrams.
· Principal Investigator, SBIR Programs. Provides research and technical leadership for three Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) programs. Technical lead for Service-based ISR Product Automation and Dissemination Enterprise (SPADE) using J2EE, Java, JSP, and Web Services.
· Solution Architect, Scitex Corporation. Defined strategy, architecture, and capacity planning for the Scitex E-Business web initiative. Guided selection of Web Application Servers and Content Management Solutions to integrate seamlessly into an Oracle database environment.
· Senior Web Architect, SHOPA. Wrote a complete end-to-end B2B E-Commerce web site using ASP, Stored Procedures, and a SQL Server 2000 database. Used proprietary Data Adaptive Software Interface Generators to rapidly develop the software framework. Provided Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000, ASP, and stored procedure training to SHOPA.
· Internal Consulting Support. Wrote the technical approach of four winning proposals that resulted in over one million dollars of new business in the past twelve months. Maintained 100% billable status to Peerless clients and managed junior consultants on multiple projects. Established an internal Oracle Systems Integration Lab (SIL). Installed and setup Oracle 9i and 11i suite of E-Business products, and provided technical support to Peerless consultants.
Consulting Lead / Solution Architect, Inrange Global Consulting. 3/2000 – 11/2001
· Senior Web Architect, ,Cintas. Defined strategy and architecture for the MyCintas.com sales and marketing web portal. Guided the selection of portal solutions to integrate seamlessly into the enterprise. Lead portal design and implementation using Visual Basic, ASP, and SQL Server 2000.
· Senior Consultant, HomesThatClick. Designed web markup meta-language for conversion of real estate contracts to web based forms using ASP and Visual Basic. Implemented a process flow for online contract completion for agents and customers.
· Internal Consulting Support. Participated in numerous proposal development activities in a wide range of technical areas. Managed five junior consultants and conducted formal quarterly evaluations and yearly salary action performance reviews. Presented performance data to senior management. Provided feedback and career guidance to consultants.
E-Business Application Architect, Reynolds and Reynolds 3/1998 – 3/2000
· Served as the Application Architect for the automotive division’s E-Service Reminder web initiative as the company’s first large-scale E-Business deployment.
· Supervised technical activities of IBM E-Business consultants and internal staff building JSPs, EJBs, Servlets, and other Java based software components in the WebSphere environment. Developed JSPs, EJBs, and Servlets as part of the development team.
· Coordinated deployment of software and support content to a UNIX based environment including HTTP Apache, redundant WAS, SMTP, and FTP platforms.
· Supervised stress testing to evaluate “persistent session state” across multiple servers to anticipate capacity thresholds.
· Integrated the E-Service Reminder web application with an enterprise SYBASE database containing millions of customer records and Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs).
· Responsible for the all aspects of the company’s Intranet/Extranet. Supervised staff writing ASP, Visual Basic, and SQL Server 2000 projects.
· Established company standards and best practices for web based components and services including source code control, deployment strategies, and performance measures.
· Coordinated multiple outside consultants as well as internal staff building web based Intranet applications including 300 Club, Locator, Search, I-care, and web based Windows NT administration tools.
Senior Software Engineer, Lexis-Nexis. 6/1989 – 3/1998
· Served as “UNIX Czar” working closely with release coordinators and senior management for “go/no go” decisions and technical insight on all UNIX C++ based projects including the “Next Generation” search and retrieval infrastructure for the core business.
· Member of the “tech lead” staff charged to deliver a UNIX C++ based search and retrieval infrastructure to replace legacy mainframe system and reduce time to market for new products.
· Techncial Project Lead for Synchronized Dynamic Port Pricing. Coordinated a multi-platform project team including mainframe and UNIX core system infrastructure resources to provide Synchronized Dynamic Port Pricing for Lexis-Nexis customers.
· Designed Hyperchannel gateway to synchronize dynamic port customer data between the current Lexis-Nexis Online system and the new search and retrieval infrastructure.
· Lead project team in the design and implementation of a C++ object oriented, multi-threaded, DCE subscription-based notification server to provide meta-data services from the legacy Search and Retrieval Engines.
· Provided maintenance and reliably support for ongoing infrastructure releases including rapid response and point pager support.
· Designed and implemented C++ core system components for Lexis-Nexis print server including the CAD (Collect and Distribute) and APS (Answer Set Parse and Send) core UNIX servers. Tested code using Purify and Quantify.
· Implemented PASCAL based gateway to connect the “Historical Quote” Information Server to Lexis-Nexis Online System and provide seamless integration into the “Real-Time Quote” product.
· Implemented the Online Document Ordering product to connect Lexis-Nexis to Lexis Document Services for print document services.
Software Engineering Co-Op, Batelle Memorial Institute. 6/1986 – 6/1989
· Assigned to FORTRAN development of FACETS (Factory Automated Control Environment Tool Set) to provide factory floor automation for the CTS Corporation.
· Developed Cell and Supervisor level software for factory floor automation and tooling.
· Served as liaison for knowledge transfer from Batelle to the CTS Corporation.
EDUCATION / CLEARANCES / Certifications
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, College of Engineering
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Certifications and Training:
· Certified Java Developer, Sun Microsystems
· ITIL V3F2 Foundation Certification Training, Sogeti USA
· Certified EDW 2.0 Professional, Gavroshe
Past Clearances Held:
· DOD Top Secret (TS) / SCI
· Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) IT-1